The Benefits Of SEO
Understand The Advantages Of SEO
Optimising your website for search engines could lead to dramatic improvements for your business. Specifically, SEO provides a number of unique benefits that you will not get with other web promotion techniques.
Here are some of the advantages you may enjoy with a successful SEO campaign:
- Economical in the medium-to-long term
- SEO is by far the most cost-effective way of promoting your website over a long period. Once your website is achieving the top rankings, there are no extra costs when searchers click through to your website.
- Pay-per-click (PPC) advertising becomes very expensive when used for a sustained period. Each click carries a cost for your business and will offset any improved sales gained as a result.
- Robust and sustainable search rankings
- High organic search results achieved as part of the SEO campaign will not disappear once the work ends. A sustained presence will encourage customers to visit your site again and again, because they’ll know exactly where to find you.
- Paid-for adverts vanish as soon as you stop paying for them. Not only does this result in unsustainable exposure for your site, it weakens your relationship with the customer who is never sure where you are.
- Supports your brand and guarantees prominence
- If you already have a strong brand, customers will expect to see you at the top of the rankings. SEO guarantees this and also helps to secure your prominence over your competitors. This can be especially useful for new companies, eager to build their reputation.
- The temporary nature of PPC advertising may not match the brand image which you wish to project. Nor does it suggest the authority and presence of your business in the long term.
- Directs pre-qualified traffic to your site
- Searchers clicking through from organic search results spend more time and visit more pages on your website. This gives you a better chance to sell your product, converting traffic into loyal customers who are at ease with your business.
- Potential customers clicking through from sponsored listings will typically spend less time searching for what they're looking for. This places greater pressure on your website to grab customers’ attention, which may not be the effect you want your site to have.
- Inherent trust in your product and your business
- Research shows that searchers tend to trust those sites which are ranked highest by the search engines. This trust will lead to repeated visits to your website and greater authority for both your online and offline presence.
- Sponsored listings, on the other hand, are often viewed with suspicion by potential customers. While this does not necessarily mean they won’t visit your site, you will will have to work extra hard to build the searchers' trust in your website.
SEO should be seen as a complement to, rather than a replacement, for other promotional techniques. PPC advertising could be better suited to your needs at certain times, as demonstrated by the comparison table below:
|SEO is ideal for...
||PPC is ideal for...
|Long term, economical results
||Instant visibility and traffic
|High organic search engine rankings
||Running adverts at peak times
|Attracting qualified traffic
||Targeted exposure over limited periods
||Responding to supply and demand
|Building consumer trust and brand image
The two techniques suit different requirements, and address particular issues. For a sustained improvement across the length of your internet marketing campaign, the perfect strategy may be to run PPC or social media advertising initially while laying the foundation for future success with an SEO campaign. Ultimately, the methods you use will need to match your individual requirements.
For information on the Internet Marketing services Optillion can offer you, call
or email us..